Northern Notes is the newsletter of the International Arctic Social Sciences Association (IASSA). It is published on the web by the IASSA Secretariat twice a year with a Spring/Summer and a Autumn/Winter issue, and is available to all web users. To view previous issues, click here.
IASSA invites contributions for the next issue of the Northern Notes newsletter. Contributions are invited from both members and non-members of the Association on issues of interest to Arctic social scientists.Â
Contributions should be submitted by December 1, 2015 to IASSA secretary, Gabriella Nordin: .
Contributions to Northern Notes may include special features on issues and topics of interest to Arctic social scientists, information and announcements, announcements of meetings, workshops or conferences, news about upcoming activities, information about new publications, and announcements of new websites and links of interest.
Following are the standard categories of the Northern Notes newsletter:
- Contributions on issues and research activities of interest to the Arctic social science and humanities community, including new research, current and upcoming research activities and events, etc.
- Calls for Papers
- Upcoming Conferences, Workshops, and Meetings
- Recent Conferences, Workshops, and Meetings
- New Publications
- On the Web
- News from Members
- Funding Opportunities
Remember to send us the following details along with your contribution:
- Name and affiliation of the author
- Book announcements: Complete title, publishing details, distributor and ISBN/ISSN number
- Film: Distributor or link, all release details
- Photos (jpg, gif) with caption, logos, etc., if applicable